VAUGHNS PHOTO ART: VIEW MY PROFILE | Vaughn's Photo Art Gallery | Althaea Soaps and Herbals

Sunday, May 24, 2009

High Dynamic Range Imagery

The batch from the tunnel didn't work out due to a lack of bright data (I really did need the tripod after all) but I think I've got the hang of it now with properly exposed photos and the newer software. The photos show some differences due to variations in the settings... I'm still deciding what I want these things to look like.

HDRI = High Dynamic Range Imagery. Take multiple photos of a wide contrast scene, varying the exposure up and down to capture the full range of data available. Using special software, you combine the images, and use tone-mapping to convert the scene-wide contrast into "micro-contrast". This compresses the tonal range a bit, and enables details that would have been lost to come through.

Here's some images I made a couple years back to explain it...
http://www.vaughnsphotoart.com/miscimg/hdr1.jpg (3 exposures)
http://www.vaughnsphotoart.com/miscimg/hdr2.jpg (result)

1.




2.


3.


4.


5.


6.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home